To transfer contacts and content between devices for AT&T business customers, you can use the following methods:
- AT&T Mobile Transfer: This is a free app that you can download from the Apple App Store or Google Play. Make sure both devices are compatible with the app. Connect your old device and new device to the same Wi-Fi network. Open the app on both devices and follow the prompts to transfer your info12.
- Apple QuickStart: If you’re transferring from iOS to iOS, use Apple QuickStart. First, confirm you have the latest iOS software version on both of your devices. Go to Settings, then tap General. Tap Software Update. If you see Download and Install, download the latest version.
- Smart Switch: If you have a Samsung device, use Smart Switch.
- Google Cloud: If you have Google Cloud, tap Start on your new device and sign in to Google Cloud when prompted.
- Bluetooth: You can use Bluetooth to transfer contacts from one device to another. Head to the Bluetooth menu of both devices from “Settings” to pair them. If you have a lot of contacts to transfer use one of the above procedures.
- Content Transfer: This is a tool provided by Verizon that allows you to transfer your photos, videos, music, contacts, call logs, and text messages from your old device to a new one.
Before you start to transfer your info, make sure you have a Wi-Fi connection, and your device is charged.